Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Everything

I'm currently obsessed with this guy. Our Brittany Spaniel Tyler. {he's getting his very own big boy post soon} He celebrated his 2nd birthday last week, complete with a puppy-approved birthday cake. Chance says I'm going over-board in my obession. But after we lost Nik I feel the need to make Tyler as happy as I possibly can; and if that means giving him an entire bag of treats all at once, or sharing a "few" bites of everything I eat; then that's just what has to be done. End of story.

A big congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Ryan Hughes. Our cousin Cassie got married last Saturday. It was a lovely ceremony! Ryan is in the marines and is stationed in Washington D.C.; Cassie is going to be moving to join him after this semester is over. We are so happy for the both of them!!
This is our back deck. I'm loving the wisteria, but it's seriously lacking some luster. We're trying to decide what to do with it right now. We are hoping to find some old window frames to hang from the sides of the arbor. I think we're going with a pink and red color scheme.

Speaking of gardening, these are my new babies. My pretty pretty poppies have "popped" through!! I can't wait until they're all grown up. I think I'm going to put them in the kitchen.

The Bendel's Easter 2009
We had a delightful Easter, lots of good food and relaxing with family. And of course, since Easter is one of only 4 days that the bridal store is closed all year, I thoroughly enjoyed the day off. It is unbelievable to me that this was our second Easter as "Mr. & Mrs."
This was us last year:

The Bendel's Easter 2008

This whole swine flu thing has me wanting to bathe in anti-bacterial gel, spray my house down with lysol, and put plastic over all the windows and doors. It's terrifying! I'm praying that it doesn't make its way into my small corner of the world.


I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to make with these beauties that I purchased on Etsy from KellWood. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

No comments: