Monday, November 17, 2008

What's next?


Well, it's happened. The one thing I was sure would never happen to us.Our small family has been directly affected by the economic crisis.


Chance will be laid off at the end of this month.


I'm so stressed right now. We've been assured that this is strictly a temporary thing, and he will be recieving unemployment benefits for the time being. The silver lining is that he will now be able to finish the house much quicker (in about a third of the time he thought it would take).

Yet for some reason I'm still so worried.

I don't know why.

He tells me there's no reason to be. I know that the Lord will provide for us. I know that we will be taken care of.

We both have faith in that.


"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30



In happier news we will be joining Gospel Mission Worship Center soon. I'm really looking forward to that! I want us to have a strong church family before we start to try for a baby. (which by the way will be no time soon.)

I'm a strong believer that it takes a village to raise a child. And I think that the next generation of children is going to have to have an even stronger faith, they are going to be challenged even more so than we have been. With politicians wanting to teach sex-ed to 5 year olds, and such an anti-conservative mentality sweeping the nation; I want my babies to have a rock solid foundation in the Lord.


So if you're the prayin' type, please pray for our country, for all believers (we will soon be tested to stay true to the Lord), and keep Chance and myself close to your heart- please, although I know we'll be ok. I feel as though we have come to a crossroads in our lives together and I want it to be completely guided by Him.Also pray for our new project. Groundbreaking was delayed due to rain- they are starting tomorrow.

No comments: