Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Aahh, back to reality...

Photo by Donnie Holt. This is Kenmar Rd. about 1/2 and mile from our house.

Last Monday night {1-26-09} I got off work at around 7. It had already started. Ice and snow were coming down. By the time we woke up Tuesday morning it looked like this. We took Nik to the doctor, got him re-bandaged. And by the time we got him home at 11:30, we had no power. We were on our way to Nashville by 2 pm. Reidland's water tower was running out of water, and there was a pesky rumor going around that we would be loosing running water. Chance couldn't handle that.We stayed in Nashville 2 nights. It was a nice retreat. We had dinner, went shopping, it was nice to just be alone. No in-laws! When we got home we were greeted with mass power outages {some places still don't have power and the next county over hasn't had running water for a week.} Western KY has been blessed, so many out of town workers have come, the National Guard is going door to door to make sure everyone is ok. We lost all of our trees, but everyone is healthy. That's all that really matters. I really suprised myself. I handled it with more grace that I thought I could. I did better than Chance, but he'd deny that. Thankfully we were lucky enough to get a generator on Friday and actually got power on Sunday night {and cable today.} I was soo pleased to be able to come home and get on the internet. I had 207 items in my google reader. That took a while! Thank you to all of you who had us in your thoughts and prayers this past week, we needed it!




No comments: