Thursday, February 26, 2009

Untitled.

Normally I like to think that I'm pretty cunning when it comes to titles. Today there is none of that. Today is a day of serious thought and diligent prayer. I have a dear, dear friend {who for privacy purposes will remain unnamed} that is going through a tragic time right now. She is expecting her first child, due in July. All things were going fairly well, she and the baby {my love-baby as I call him/her} were healthy. Yesterday that all came crashing down. Apparently, she had some routine blood work done and they told her to go to work and they would phone her with the results. So she went on to work, as if it were any other day. She started her routine, just like every other day. Then the phone call came. The bloodwork came back positive for Down Syndrome. My friend- a single mother, graduating college in May; has struggled before with decisions reguarding this pregnancy. She has often doubted her ability to care for a healthy baby, naturally this is one of her greatest fears. When she goes to the doctor she is going to be given the option of the "easy-way-out" I pray that God touches her heart and lets her know that this is His will, and that in the long run the easy-way-out isn't always so easy. Please keep her and the baby in your thoughts and prayers; and hug your children a little tighter today.

No comments: