Thursday, February 12, 2009

Never a dull moment.

To say the least we had a very interesting day yesterday. I should have known I just needed to go back to bed when it began. As always I started my day off with a sit down at the good ole' computer. So I sat there minding my own business, quietly stalking everyone on my google reader. When the silence is abruptly punctured with a series of very loud thumps, followed immediately by the sound of a little girl screaming "Nik" {I later found that little girl to be my husband, Chance.} Of course I shot out of my chair and rushed over to my dog lying at the bottom of a very steep flight of stairs. He was unable to stand up and didn't have any control over his own body. Then all of the muscles in his body tightened and he completely locked up, he was splayed out across the floor, Chance and I completely paralyzed in our fear. He began to drool all over the place and stumbled in a feeble attempt to walk. We immediately called the Dr. Everett {We might as well have him on speed dial.} He told us that Nik had a seizure and that there was no need to bring him in, unless he had another one. That was just the beginning. A few hours later in the middle of the wind storm we were having yesterday, the shingles on my brand new roof began flying off. Luckily the contractor was coming today anyway to take a look at what had been completed, since he hadn't been here since the groundbreaking. But that's a blog for another day. In Chance's walk through of things we still want done, things we want fixed and things that should have never happended {the workers left soda cans and candy wrappers all over the place} Chance discovered that one of our doorways in 32" across at the top and 34" across at the bottom. How do you not notice that when your putting up a 2/4 that it's completely diagonal???

In happier news, we now have electricity. And I have a new shiny garage door opener for my car!

No comments: