Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Kitty-cats, slippers, and veggie stew..

What a combination, I know!!
This morning as I was sitting in bed with my trusty laptop & english toffee cappuchino catching up on my google reader and out of now where my lovely kitty Baylei came and snuggled up on top of me and I realized how lucky I am to have such wonderful furry babies. Remind me to put that on my list of things to be thankful for.
Another thing I'm thankful for right now is my hubby!! Last night after I got home from an exhaustingly slow day at the shop, my sweetie let me know that I had a new present under the tree. A present that was from him. A present that was way better than the birthday gift I got this year. I begged and pleaded, bribed and begged some more. The bribery worked and I got to open it 9 days early. Woo Hoo! I know you're dying to know what I got.. A "Good Night Aromatherapy" gift set from Bath & Body Works. It even had a sleep mask and cozy slippers to go along with the pillow mist, lotion, and wait for it... bubble bath. I was amazed. And in great need of all of them.
Onto much more pressing matters. Apparently, I have some how learned to cook. I don't know where this skill came from. I was never taught and the food network just makes me hungry. That being said, everything I make turns out great! I will not question this gift, as I am worried that the good Lord will take it away, and my unborn children will be forced into a life of spagetti and hamburger helper. {the good news is that they have now come out with a line of side dishes to go along with the hamburger helper, so at least the would have a balanced meal.}
One of my latest concoctions is my version of Vegetable Beef Soup. It's really quite yummy, even better it only takes around 30 min. form start to finish. Your dying I know. Lucky for you my Momma taught me to share, so here you are:
Vegetable Beef Soup
Ingredients:
2 lbs. of stew meat
2lbs. of frozen mixed vegetables
2 medium potatoes - cubed
2 stalks of celery - chopped
2 cans of beef broth
2 lg. cans of tomato sauce
1 can diced of roasted tomatoes - do not drain
Salt and Pepper - to taste
Directions:
In a large pot combine broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, mixed vegetables and celery. Start on Med-High heat until it comes to a slow bowl. Turn down to Med. heat. In a separate pot, bowl cubed potatoes for exactly 7 minutes. No more, no less. {Thank you Paula Deen} In the time being cook stew meat. When the potatoes are done add them to the other vegetables, likewise with the meat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once it comes to a boil reduce heat to Med-Low and simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste and serve with the carb of your choice.

No comments: