Monday, December 15, 2008

Stalled...

We have a concrete slab. With pipes coming out of it. That's it. For 2 weeks.
Aggravating? Yes.
Here's why: Our contractor is vacationing in New Mexico. Two of his workers were in a car accident, one of which is in a coma (we are praying for his recovery.) Weather, lovely December weather. The holidays.
The good news: They will be starting work again Jan. 5, 2009. Two crews will be working on our home, instead of just one. The work should be done in half the time.
The reality: Chance isn't at all happy, and says that he refuses to pay the full amout that we agreed on since it's taking longer than promised. That'll save some money. Maybe I can get a better bathtub, maybe one with a whirlpool. I know I'm dreaming.
In happier news, I've chosen colors, cabinets, flooring and countertops - and I LOVE them!

No comments: