Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Should have known.


11:39 am and no utility trucks in our driveway. I thought something might be off yesterday when a local lumber company {who was supposed to deliver all the supplies} only left the glue and nails - no lumber. That being said, it's raining. The contractor has backed out everytime when it has rained. He's never called and told us they wouldn't be coming, just didn't show {frustrating to say the least.} Maybe he's made of sugar and will melt if he gets wet, maybe. I don't think I've ever endured something as aggravating as this process has been. I can't imagine taking a deposit {a rather large deposit I might add} from someone, telling them you would report for work on certain days, not showing, and not keeping them in the loop. As if it's not stressful enough living with Chance's parents during this process, but getting the run-around from the contractor just adds insult to injury. So for now I have one very expensive concrete slab. Oh, and 65 tons of red gravel.

No comments: