Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy, Happy

New Year!!
Bendel Family Portrait - Nov. 2008

Although the Bendel New Year was not all that I had hoped for {Nik was my midnight kiss, Chance was in the garage} I'm sure that 2009 is going to be much, much better than 2008. Hey, it'd be hard pressed to get much worse. We enjoyed the wonderful company of our dear friend John, he is so close to our hearts {someday he'll be the god-father of our children}.


2008 was a tough year for us. It was our first full calendar year of marriage. It was also the first full calendar year without my sweet Pawpaw. We nursed a dog {Ty} through a broken leg and parvo, AT THE SAME TIME. We moved- three times. We got a new kitten, Oliver who we lovingly nicknamed "Little One". My Gran moved 6 hours away. Chance lost his job. I became closer than I thought possible with my Mother-in-law. We began construction on our new home. Not just one, but two of our cousins got engaged! I turned 21 {also not quite what I had hoped for.} Chance turned a quarter of a century. We also celebrated Nik's 2nd brithday & Ty and Baylei's 1st. We threw a huge "Mad Hatter Tea Party" for my cousin and sister. Chad {Brother-in-law} and Michelle got married. --It was an eventful year to say the least, with lots of twists along the way- more to come I'm sure of it.


We have lots of exciting things to look forward to this year. Chance finding a new job, or going back to the old one. Our 2nd wedding anniversary. Lindsay's high school graduation. Mavyn's wedding. Being completely 100% out of debt. Completion of our home. Moving again. A trip to New Orleans. 22nd and 26th birthdays. I'm sure I'm forgetting some.


So here's to a happy and oh so prosperous New Year to us and everyone out there.

No comments: